Ever wish there was a smarter thing to do with your food scraps than throw them in the garbage to be dumped into our local landfill? Have you tried to start your own compost operation at home but found it’s too difficult to maintain or that it attracts unwanted critters?
Rogue Produce has created a smart solution for our region’s lack of options when it comes to managing the valuable resource of our food scraps: Community Compost. We provide a weekly residential pickup of food scraps. Instead of taking the scraps to the landfill, we donate them to small local farms, where they are used to create compost. By signing up for our Community Compost service, you reduce the waste in our local landfill and provide a great benefit to local farmers.
What Do We Pick Up?
- All non-meat food scraps and leftovers
- All fruit and vegetable peelings, pits, and shells
- Rice, pasta, bread, cereal, oats
- Egg and nut shells (except coconuts)
- Dairy products—cheese, butter
- Coffee grounds with filter, teabags
What Don’t We Pick Up?
- Any meat items—beef, pork, chicken, and seafood
- Yard debris—leaves, flowers, wreaths, weeds, plants, soil
- Paper products (except teabags and coffee filters)
- Coal, charcoal
- Over-the-counter or prescription drugs and medications
How It Works
Simply choose your own covered container to put your scraps in and place it outside your door every Tuesday by 7:30 am. We transfer the scraps from your container to bins in our vehicle, leaving your container with you.
Rogue Produce charges $45 for 3 months of weekly food scrap pickup. Sign up below. New customers receive a $20 credit toward any of our CSA options!
Sign up Now!
Please fill out the form below to be added to our customer list. We will contact you and let you know (based on your location) what day we can begin collecting your food scraps. Thank you!